“Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Him self through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation” 2 Corinthians 5: 18
We have all been called to the ministry of reconciliation, “as though God were pleading through us”
What a joy it is to see men and women go from death to life, being reconciled with God through Christ. This is our command from our Lord, to receive power from the Holy Spirit, then go out and be witness’s for Jesus Christ. (Acts 1:8)
If you find yourself losing the fire, and passion for the things of God, start being intentional about sharing Christ with the lost, then God will light the idle sticks in your life ablaze for Him and the lost. This is what He has called us too, there is only one great commission, you do not need the gift of evangelism to witness for Jesus, just like you do not need a special gift to pray, read the Bible or worship, these things just like witnessing should be a normal part of every Christian life. Jesus said, "come follow me and I will make you fishers of men "(Mark 1:17)
Bill Bright gave a stat that revealed only 2% of Christians share there faith on a regular basis. Promise Keepers did a stat that showled only 10% of Christian men have ever shared the gospel with someone. ( I am sure these stats were done with the North American Church, not the Church in China, or South Korea, etc)
These are sad and sorry stats, which don’t mirror what the Christians were like in the book of Acts. Let’s change these numbers by the Grace of God, and make sure every person in Calgary, and then our nation, then the world is witnessed to at least once.
1. I ran into a man last night named Perry, who said he was addicted to crack, but when he went to a Christian rehab Centre for 4 months he was doing great, going to church everyday, and he felt the presence of Jesus, but while he was there, he was told he had a genetic addiction, which would cause him to always be addicted to drugs, so when he left the rehab within 7 hours he used. I told him that God made him that way for a reason to be addicted to Jesus, righteousness, and godliness, that Jesus can take away the desire for drugs and give him new desires. He started crying, and left changed, saying he had never heard that before.
2. Gil is a 44 year old man, who played Junior A hockey, and is a finished carpenter who makes over 100 000 thousand dollars a year, but he spends it all on crack cocaine. He yelled out last night during the preaching, and asked how do I surrender my life to Jesus? I have said the sinner’s prayer many times and am not changed. I said, say it again with all your heart, mind and soul, make Jesus Lord, no one in the Bible who met Jesus with humility/brokenness left unchanged. Gil responded to Christ, surrendered to him last night, he is going to start attending CSC, and join a Bible study. I pray that time will show that last night Jesus changed Gil’s life.
3. Louis ran up to me last night, saying, I need a Bible to give to a guy, I have led 2 people to the Lord and this guy is ready to give his life to Jesus as well. Louis was fired up about seeing souls receive Christ. ”He is wise who wins souls”.
4. Sunday we did Street Church under the bridge while it was raining, there was a big turn out and 4 people came to the Lord, 3 were crying in the line up while they were hearing the gospel, praise God!
I have spoken with many mature Christians and pastors who look back at their walk with the Lord, and they get excited about the time they were involved in Evangelism Explosion, or some other intentional outreach.
I see the excitement in there eyes when they tell stories about seeing people get saved. Let’s never stop being intentional, lets not leave it up to the pastor or evangelists, lets all take responsibility for lost people
Around us headed for hell, who need to be given a chance to hear the gospel. There are many different methods, but it does not matter the method, lets just all do it, with however God has called and gifted us.
NO SEED NO HARVEST.
Philemon 1:6 “that the sharing of your faith may become effective by the acknowledgment of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus”
* September 7, Friday, Eric Riddick has asked Christians to go to New Life Centres @6pm for a prayer walk, and BBQ, if you are interested please call Lois at 293-3900
* Whoever is going with Paul Miles to the driving alternative fundraiser on Sept 8th, need to meet at 6pm, for more info call Paul at 999-7880
* If you want to get more intentional about evangelism and do not know how to start, I invite you to come out with us, check out the times we meet on our website www.streetchurch.ca
Life life in light of eternity,